House of Plume Online Privacy Notice UPDATED: September 2, 2015
1. Introduction (a) Web Site Owner. House of Plume, Inc. ("HOP") is the owner of the web site www.houseofplume.com ("HOP Web Site"). HOP can be contacted by e-mail at email@example.com. This online privacy notice discloses HOP information practices for this HOP Web Site, including what type of personal identifiable information is requested in order to make a purchase, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared. Note that other HOP web sites may be governed by privacy notices containing different information practices applicable to those sites. (b) Anonymous Web Site Visits. In general, you can visit on the HOP Web Site without disclosing any personal information. HOP does keep track of the domains from which people visit us. HOP analyzes the data gathered from Web Site visits for trends and statistics. (c) Web Site Transactions. At times, HOP will need personal information regarding a customer or a prospect. For example to process an order or provide a subscription, HOP may need to know a customer's name, mailing address, e-mail address and credit card details. It is HOP's intent to inform you know before HOP collects personal information, such as user's name and/or address on the Internet. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information used as a basis for further contact with you, HOP will respect your wishes.
2. Personal Information That May Be Collected (a) Identifying Information. In order to make a purchase, HOP will request a user to provide certain personal identifying information, which may include: name, postal address, e-mail address, screen name, password, telephone number, facsimile number, method of payment, and, if applicable, credit card number. HOP may request additional information necessary to establish and maintain customer's account. (b) Service Quality Monitoring. Some Web site transactions may require a customer to telephone HOP, or HOP to call the customer. HOP will not contact you by telephone without your prior consent, except to confirm an order placed online and/or to inform a customer of the status of such order. Customer should be aware that it is HOP's practice to monitor, and in some cases record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes. (c) Information from Children. HOP does not collect or maintain information from users actually known to be under the age of 18, and no part of HOP's Web sites are structured to attract anyone under the age of (d) Lost or Stolen Information. If a customer's credit card and/or password is lost or stolen, the customer should promptly notify HOP in order to enable HOP to cancel the lost or stolen information and to update its records with a changed credit card and/or password. (e) Chat Rooms, Forums and Bulletin Boards. If customer participates in an HOP chat room, discussion forum, or posts messages to an HOP bulletin board, customer should be aware that the information disclosed and shared will be broadly available to other persons, both inside of and/or outside HOP, who have access to that chat room, forum or bulletin board. Some individual HOP chat rooms, forums or bulletin boards have additional rules and conditions regarding participation. Also, participant's expressed opinion is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of HOP. (f) Links to Other Web Sites. A HOP Web site may contain links to other web sites. HOP is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other Web sites.
3. Uses Made of the Information (a) Limited Uses Identified. Without customer's prior consent, HOP will not use your personal identifiable information for any purpose other than that for which it is submitted. HOP uses personal identifiable information to reply to inquiries, handle complaints, provide operational notices and in program record keeping. HOP also processes billing and business requests related to HOP Web Site participation. (b) Marketing Uses. Unless customer marks an "x" on the opt-out option box herein provided, HOP reserves the right to provide customer with information about HOP's Web site, HOP products and services, and related information in which customer has indicated an interest. The information you provide to the HOP Web site may also be collected, used, analyzed and/or processed by HOP, or selected third parties on HOP's behalf, for marketing and other business purposes. Before HOP uses the information, however, HOP will notify customers and offer customers the opportunity opt-out if a customer wishes not to have personal identifying information used in this way. House of Plume, Inc. Online Privacy Notice 2 (c) Stored Information Uses. HOP stores the information provided by customer. Stored information is used by HOP and/or HOP agents: to support customer interaction with the HOP Web site; to deliver customer purchases; and/or to contact customer again about other HOP services and products. (d) Online Advertising. Some companies that help HOP deliver interactive on-line advertising, such as banner ads, may collect and use information about HOP's customers to help HOP better understand the types of advertising or promotions that are most appealing to HOP's customers. After it is collected the information is aggregated so it is not identifiable to a specific individual. If, however, customer would prefer that these companies not collect such information, please mark an "x" on the opt-out option box herein provided.
4. Disclosure of the Information (a) Within Corporate Organization. HOP is a multinational organization, with legal entities, business processes, management structures, and technical systems that cross borders. HOP may share your personal information within the HOP corporate organization, and may transfer the information to countries in the world where HOP conducts business. Some countries may provide less legal protection for customer personal information. (b) Mergers and Acquisitions. Circumstances may arise where for business reasons, HOP decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its businesses in the United States or some other country. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal identifying information to prospective or actual purchasers, and/or receiving such information from sellers. It is HOP's practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions. (c) Agents. HOP employs or engages other companies and individuals to perform business functions on behalf of HOP. These persons are provided with personal identifying information required to perform their functions, but are prohibited by contract from using the information for other purposes. These persons engage in a variety of functions which include, but are not limited to, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer (d) Affiliated Businesses. HOP works closely with affiliated businesses operating web site stores, providing services or selling products on each other's Web sites. These businesses identify themselves to customers. House of Plume, Inc. Online Privacy Notice 3 Customer information related to a transaction with an affiliated business is shared with that affiliated business. (e) Marketing Analysis by Third Parties. HOP reserves the right to disclose to third parties personal information about customers for marketing analysis; however, any information disclosed will be in the form of aggregate data that does not describe or identify an individual customer. (f) Disclosure to Governmental Authorities. HOP may release personal information to appropriate governmental authorities where release is required by law (for example, a subpoena) or by a regulation, or is requested by a government agency conducting investigations or proceedings.
6. Information Security (a) Commitment to Online Security. HOP intends to protect customer personal information and to maintain its quality. To achieve information security and quality, HOP implements appropriate measures and processes, such as using encryption when transmitting certain sensitive information. (b) No Liability for Acts of Third Parties. HOP will exercise all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of customer personal information. However, transmissions protected by industry standard security technology and implemented by human beings cannot be made absolutely secure. Consequently, HOP shall not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal information due to no fault of HOP including, but not limited to, errors in transmission and unauthorized acts of HOP staff and/or third
8. Access Rights to Data (a) Information Maintained by HOP. Upon customer's request, HOP will provide a reasonable description of customer's personally identifiable information that HOP maintains in its data bank. HOP can be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. (b) Corrections and Changes to Personal Information. Help HOP to keep customer personal information accurate. If customer's personal information changes, or if customer notes an error upon review of customer information that HOP has on file, please promptly e-mail HOP at email@example.com and provide the new or correct information.
House of Plume, Inc. Online Privacy Notice 6